© IBBK BIOGAS 2018
12-13 & 16 August 2019
3-day seminar BIOGAS#TRAINING, South Africa
The 3 day training seminar focuses on the biogas market in Africa with attention to the local characteristics of substrate selection, plant engineering, and biogas utilization.
You will get practical knowledge about biogas plant operation, maintenance and the presented case studies will highlight the best methods of biogas production from biomass waste.
Together with local partners and experts, the course will be facilitated by experienced instructors from the internationally renowned German training institute, the IBBK.
The BIOGAS#TRAINING seminar is ideal for:
Farmers, engineers, scientists, project developers, consultants, investors and the financing sector.
During the 12 different lectures and a full day of visiting a biogas plant, you will find out about the following subjects:
- Biogas plant planning: engineering aspects and component selection
- Digester biology and biological process control
- Substrates to be fed into a biogas plant from an African perspective
- Daily plant operation: measuring methods and staff safety
- How to produce your very own fertiliser from your biogas plant
Early bird gets the worm
For registration and payment until July 12th, 2019 we offer a massive 25 % discount as an early bird rate:
440 € (normally 590 €)
For all missing payments and registrations after July 12th, the full price of 590 € will be charged.
Payment can be done via PayPal or bank transfer.
Simply click the orange button below to sign up for the training.
Training price per person for payment until July 12th, 2019:
Early bird rate:
440 € (25 % discount)
For all missing payments after July 12th, the full price of 590 € will be charged.
University of Johannesburg
25 Louisa St.
Teaching Method: Interactive classroom teaching with all experts available for comments, questions and answers. This includes active involvement of all participants and practical exercises.
You will have a world class, high value training experience through:
- limited number of seats – a small group always guarantees lots of interaction
- frequent breaks for discussion
- practice-oriented lectures and exercises
- plant visits that bridge the gap between theory and practice
- all experts sticking around after their presentation for Q&A sessions and your specific questions
(Programme may be subject to change)
- Status quo of the biogas sector development in South Africa.
- Outlook and potential of the biogas sector in South Africa
- Introduction into biogas technology & digester biology
- The different technologies of biogas plants
- Main components of a biogas plant
- Experiences with biogas plant equipment in South Africa
- Pros and cons of different substrates in a biogas plant
- Basic calculation models of a biogas plant process with different substrates
- Basic engineering parameters for operation with different substrates
- Start up phase and practical measures for monitoring the digestion process
- Safety aspects and standards
- Proper usage of digestate as organic fertilizer
- Excursion to an exemplary biogas plant in the region
You can download the programme preview for this training here (subject to change).
- 3 days biogas training
- Slides of the lectures as download
- Lunch and beverages
- Beverages during the courses
- Travel to the biogas plant
- Travel to seminar venue
- Additional meals and beverages
25 Louisa St.