© IBBK BIOGAS 2018
2 - 4 March 2020
3-day seminar BIOGAS#TRAINING, Cape Town, South Africa
Event Language: ENGLISH
The 3 day training seminar focuses on the biogas market in Africa with attention to the local characteristics of substrate selection, plant engineering, and biogas utilization.
You will get practical knowledge about biogas plant operation, maintenance and the presented case studies will highlight the best methods of biogas production from biomass waste.
Together with local partners and experts, the course will be facilitated by experienced instructors from the internationally renowned German training institute, IBBK.
The BIOGAS#TRAINING seminar is ideal for:
- Scientists and biogas researchers
- Project developers
- The financing sector
During the 12 different lectures and a full day of visiting a biogas plant, you will get profound knowledge on the following subjects:
- Biogas plant planning: engineering aspects and component selection
- Digester biology and biological process control
- Substrates to be fed into a biogas plant from an African perspective
- Daily plant operation: measuring methods and staff safety
- How to produce your very own fertiliser from your biogas plant
Participation fee for registration and payment until February 14th: 7,150 ZAR (~440 €)
Payment can be done via PayPal or Credit Card.
Simply click the green button below to sign up for the training.
Early Bird Rate for registrations and payments until February 14th:
~7,150 ZAR (440 €)
(Regular Rate: ~9,600 ZAR, 590 €)
To guarantee a seat in this training, we will have to receive your payment before the start of the training.
Your payment options:
- Credit Card
UCT – University of Cape Town
The exact location / building at UCT will be updated shortly.
Teaching Method: Interactive classroom teaching with all experts available for comments, questions and answers. This includes active involvement of all participants and practical exercises.
You will have a world class, high value training experience through:
- limited number of seats – a small group always guarantees lots of interaction
- frequent breaks for discussion
- practice-oriented lectures and exercises
- plant visits that bridge the gap between theory and practice
- all experts sticking around after their presentation for Q&A sessions and your specific questions
(Programme may be subject to change)
- Status quo of the biogas sector development in South Africa.
- General introduction into biogas technology & digester biology
- Different technologies and components of biogas plants
- Introduction of the main components of a biogas plant
- Experiences with biogas plant equipment in South Africa
- Overview over different substrates which can be used into a biogas plant and its advantages and disadvantages
- Basic calculation models of a biogas plant process with different substrates
- Basic engineering parameters for operation with different substrates
- Start up phase and practical measures for monitoring the digestion process
- Safety aspects and standards
- Proper usage of digestate as organic fertilizer
- Excursion to exemplary biogas plants in the region
You can download the programme preview for this training here (subject to change).
- 3 days of biogas training
- CPD-Certificate of the University of Cape Town
- Slides of the lectures as download
- Lunch and beverages
- Entrance to biogas plants
- Travel to seminar venue
- Additional meals and beverages