IBBK's tasks and goals
Our priority is to promote and support the development of biogas and to provide an efficient application for a sustainable future. Latest research and applicability are the cornerstones of our work. We are facing this challenge both in the cradle of biogas development in Germany and worldwide.
We focus on daily practice and our worldwide network of experts. We are happy to share two decades of experience with you and our members.Take advantage of our unprecedented practice-oriented training, independent consultation and the results of our international research projects.
IBBK in figures
- More than 2000 participants participated in IBBK’s national and international biogas trainings since 2001
- Since 2009, English-language courses in Germany and abroad as well as study tours have been offered to almost 600 participants
- International IBBK training courses took place in 28 countries
- In scientific cooperation, IBBK has worked with over 30 universities and research institutes on more than 50 projects
- Since its inception, IBBK has produced over 150 feasibility studies
- IBBK’s international conferences were attended by more than 2000 participants
The name IBBK stands for ‘International Biogas and Bioenergy Competence Center‘.
IBBK Fachgruppe Biogas GmbH, and other well-known and established training providers in the field of renewable energies, joined the ‘Schulungsverbund BIOGAS‘
The state of Land Baden-Württemberg and EU ELER commissioned IBBK to provide independent consulting to biogas operators on planned and existing biogas plants. This consultancy is subsidised by the EU at 50 %.
IBBK also won the second installment of this commissioned consultancy in 2018. The subsidy has been increased to 80 %.
The current training courses have been advanced on the three levels of demand:
Established = Biogas #INTENSIV | Aspiring = Biogas #HANDS ON | Emerging = Biogas #TRAINING
In addition to the feasibility studies, the independent consultations for planned and existing facilities, according to the consulting mandate of the State of Baden-Württemberg, are increasingly offered today.
The second pillar are EU-funded research projects, which are being carried out in partnership with universities and organisations in Europe.